This was the first time the event had been staged since 2019 due to COVID restrictions and St David’s College sent a strong team of 9 skiers to compete in both the Boys and Girls events. Both teams raced hard and came away with some fantastic results:
- Mya Ditchfield (Year 6) picked up two Gold Medals – one in the U12 sections and the other in the overall Primary Schools' Section, winning by a margin of 0.35 seconds over the two runs.
- Agatha Favill (Year 8) was awarded the Gold Medal for first place in the U14 girls' section, coming 5th overall in the category of Senior Girls.
- Archie Dunn (Year 10) came a creditable 3rd in the U16 Boys' non-registered racers, and 4th overall in the age category.
- Teagan Girling (Year 9) performed well coming 6th at U16 level, 11th overall in the Senior Girls' section.
- Olivier Gilmartin (Year 9) was placed 7th in the Senior Boys' section but was 4th in the U14 Boys' registered racers category, also narrowly missing out on a medal.
The St David’s College Senior Girls' team has been invited to represent Welsh Schools in the British Schools Championships on 28th November in Llandudno.
Headmaster Mr Andrew Russell said “This is such a phenomenal achievement by all of our pupils who took part. We are all enormously proud of each and every one of them, it’s a great reward for their hard work and determination. We’re thrilled that some of our pupils have been invited to represent Welsh Schools too.
“Congratulations to all the competitors, it was a great occasion and many thanks to Mr and Mrs Demery who escorted the competitors on the long trip to Southwest Wales this weekend.”