For maximum compatibility, we recommend pupils have their own device. We would recommend a Windows 10 laptop - touchscreen optional, but best for most interactive participation in some subjects.
Preferred specifications should include:
- Intel Core i5 processor or greater
- At least 8GB RAM
- SSD Storage
However, this is up to the parents. For older pupils in year 10 and above, a higher specification device should be considered, particularly where Art and CAD are concerned. We would recommend a laptop with an independent graphics card.
- Some pupils already have Apple Macs which are mostly fine, however not all Microsoft 365 features work on Apple devices
- Please be aware that CAD software is PC ONLY and will not work on an Apple device
- We do not support CHROMEBOOKS or LINUX based systems
- iPads and other non-Windows 10 tablets would not be suitable as primary learning devices
- Every pupil gets a Microsoft 365 account for use whilst at St David's College and this includes downloadable desktop programs like Word and Excel. There is no need to purchase Microsoft Office independently