Purpose of the Job:
The post holder's primary objective will be to drive the fundraising for the Estate Masterplan. In addition to this, the post holder will help the school develop an alumni database of ‘Old Davideans’ and in conjunction with the Old Davideans Association (ODA) determine a communications plan that keeps its members informed about developments at SDC and of their fellow Old Davideans.
- Take the lead on the research of new income streams with an emphasis on Institutional Donors, Trusts, and Foundations.
- Write and coordinate the submission of funding applications to Institutional Donors, Trusts, Foundations, and individuals.
- Lead on the account management of Institutional Donors, Trusts, Foundation, and individuals ensuring regular contact, updates, and reports are provided.
- To generate income from Institutional Donors, grant-making trusts, and foundations across a number of projects to agreed targets with a focus on large grants (+£250k).
- To prepare compelling high-quality funding proposals that are strategically relevant and attractive to Institutional Donors, trusts, foundations, and individuals.
- To develop and maintain excellent relationships with Institutional Donors, Trusts, Foundations, and Individuals, providing personal stewardship through face-to-face meetings, regular communications, and high-quality reporting.
- To develop a complete Old Davidean alumni database
- In conjunction with the ODA to develop a communications plan and effect its delivery
Skills and Experience
- At least three years’ experience of Institutional Donors, Trusts, Foundations and individual fundraising in an established charity.
- A proven track record in writing successful high value fundraising proposals and budgets that secure funding from Institutional Donors, trust, foundations and individuals.
- A thorough understanding of best practice in applying to Institutional Donors, trusts, foundations and individuals.
- Excellent project management and coordination skills.
- Ability to write well-researched, compelling and convincing, creative, tailored, Institutional Donors, trust and Foundations applications.
- High levels of numeracy and previous budget preparation experience.
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including report writing.
- Ability to work on own initiative to deadlines and within a small, integrated team.
- Commitment to St. David’s College vision and guiding principals.
- Self-motivated driven individual with a ‘never give up’ mentality.
Start date: Feb/Mar 2022
Please return all applications to Rachel Roberts email@example.com.
If you haven't had a reply from your application after 30 days from the closing date assume you haven't been successful.