St David’s college is looking to recruit a Catering Assistant to work within the catering department. The key responsibilities would be ensuring the kitchen is kept to a high standard of cleanliness and complying with all company health and safety policies and procedures, some occasional preparing of food for the chef. Reliability, flexibility, and punctuality with good communication skills are also key requirements. Previous experience of working with children is also desirable.
The duties outlined in this job description are in addition to those specified in the Catering Assistant contract. They are not meant to be exhaustive, and it is expected that the role will be undertaken in a spirit of cooperation and a willingness to be flexible in order to meet the needs of the pupils and St David’s College.
This job description may be modified by the Catering Manager, with your agreement, to reflect or anticipate significant changes in the job, commensurate with the salary and job title.
Responsible For: Assisting the catering department to a high standard.
Responsible to: Catering Manager
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the kitchen is kept clean at all times and the right chemicals are used for the right job.
- To ensure all jobs handed out by chefs are done and to a high standard before leaving.
- Any food prep work is done to the standard the chef has demonstrated.
- Ensure that the station you work at is left to the standard and all jobs are completed before finishing your shift.
- Answer directly to the Catering Manager or Head Chef.
All members of the Staff agree to:
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
Work is term time only plus 9 weeks in the holidays (total 42 weeks per annum) optional overtime is available at the above rate.
Start date: Immediate
Please return all applications to Rachel Roberts email@example.com.
If you haven't had a reply from your application after 30 days from the closing date assume you haven't been successful.